Monday, June 22, 2015

Reasoning Ability-I

Q.161-166. In each question below are three statements followed by three conclusions numbered I, II and III. You have to take the three given statements to be true even if they seem to be at variance from commonly known facts and then decide which of the given conclusions logically follows from the three given statements disregarding commonly known facts. Then decide which of the answers (1), (2), (3), (4) and (5) is the correct answer.

Q.161. Statements : All stamps are packets. Some packets are buckets. All buckets are tubes.
Conclusions : I. Some tubes are stamps.
II. Some buckets are stamps.
III. Some tubes are packets.

(1) None follows (2) Only I follows  (3) Only II follows (4) Only III follows (5) Only II and III follow

Q.162. Statements : All machines are crowns. All crowns are tablets. Some tablets are bottles.
Conclusions : I. Some bottles are crowns.
II. Some tablets are machines.
III. Some bottles are machines.

(1) Only I follows  (2) Only II follows (3) Only III follows (4) Only II and III follow (5) None of these

Q.163. Statements : All rooms are hotels. All hotels are buildings. All buildings are mountains.
Conclusions : I. Some mountains are hotels.
II. Some buildings are rooms.
Ill. Some mountains are rooms.

(1) Only I and II follow (2) Only I and III follow (3) Only II and III follow (4) All I, II and III follow (5) None of these

Q.164. Statements : Some towns are villages. Some villages are lanes. Some lanes are hamlets.
Conclusions : I. Some hamlets are villages.
II. Some lanes are towns.
III. Some hamlets are towns.

(1) None follows (2) Only I follows (3) Only II follows (4) Only III follows (5) Only I and II follow

Q.165. Statements : Some rivers are hills. No hill is taxi. All taxis are buses.
Conclusions : I. Some buses are rivers.
II. Some taxis are rivers. .
III. No bus is river.

(1) None follows (2) Only I follows (3) Only III follows (4) Only II follows (5) Only either I or III follows

Q.166. Statements : Some doors are windows. Some windows are lamps. All lamps are candles.
Conclusions : I. Some candles are doors.
II. Some candles are windows.
Ill. Some lamps are doors.

(1) Only I follows (2) Only II follows (3) Only III follows (4) Only I and II follow (5) None of these

Q.179-184.Study the following information carefully and answer the questions given below :
A, B, C, D, E, F, G and H are sitting around a circle facing at the centre. H is fourth to the left of
B and second to the right of F. A is third to the left of C who is not an immediate neighbour of F.
G is second to the left of A. D is second to the right of E.
Q.179. Who is third to the left of A ?
(1) C         (2) F        (3) B          (4) Data inadequate         (5) None of these

Q.180. Which of the following pairs represents the immediate neighbours of E ?
(1)DH        (2)HC       (3) CA      (4) Data inadequate         (5) None of these

Q.181. Who is to the immediate right of B ?
(1) D         (2) E         (3) F          (4) Data inadequate          (5) None of these

Q.182. Who is to the immediate right of H ?
(1) E          (2) C         (3) H         (4) Data inadequate           (5) None of these

Q.183. Who is to the immediate right of F ?
(1) H          (2) A         (3) G        (4) Data inadequate           (5) None of these

Q.184. In which of the following pairs is the first person sitting to the immediate left of the second
person ?
(1) EH        (2) CE       (3) AF      (4) DB                               (5) None of these

No comments:

Post a Comment